Thea Rasche was a German woman who participated in the Powder Puff Derby. Fellow pilots named her “Queen of the Air.” After a meeting with Amelia Earhart Thea became a charter member of the ninety-nines.
- License signed by Orville Wright
- First woman to own and operate an airplane in the state of Michigan
- Came in 9th in Powder Puff Derby
- First woman accepted by Parks Air College
- Awarded Bronze Star Award from OX-5 Pioneers
- Inducted into Michigan Aviation Hall of Fame
- First woman in Germany to be awarded a seaplane license
This not a honor but Thea went back to Germany during World War II and joined the Nazi Party. She soon became a member of the Nationalist Socialist Flying Club. After the war she returned to Germany.
After the war she returned to the United States and she died in 1971.